Table of Contents
It is difficult for anyone to recognize and accept a mental health issue in others, let alone themselves. But, it can be much more challenging to avail a treatment program and continue with it while staying at your own place. This is because in your everyday life you might encounter many negative or challenging situations; interrupting with the treatment process.
Numerous studies have shown that most people undergoing a treatment plan in outpatient centers, are not able to continue with the treatment in the long-run due to the day-to-day chores and responsibilities they ought to complete. To overcome the hurdles in outpatient treatment centers; residential mental health treatment centers have come up with a great option. Residential mental health treatment centers allow patients to reside in their campus during the treatment process, which prevents interruptions in the treatment plan.
What Are The Benefits Of Residential Mental Health Treatment Centers?
Apart from allowing the patient to concentrate completely on their treatment process, residential mental health treatment centers offer the following benefits.
- Since patients reside at the mental health treatment center, they can undergo a structured treatment plan.
- Patients can continue with the treatment fully detached from every day situations which bog them down.
- Patients can focus on long-term recovery goals, since they can avail additional support during their stay.
- Patients always remain under the supervision of expert therapists, who can anticipate problems and deal with them accordingly at the earliest.
- Patients can avail specialized treatment such as holistic treatment, speech therapy, prescribed medication combined with psychotherapy.
- Patients can experience homely environment in contrast to the hospital or outpatient treatment centers environment.
- The therapists in a residential mental health treatment are quick to observe how the patient responds to a particular treatment modality and make changes, if required, immediately.
- Patients can undergo cognitive behavioral therapy which has proved to be very effective to treat mental health issues.
Types Of Residential Mental Health Treatment Facilities:
While one can understand the importance of staying at a residential mental health treatment facility, it is also important to know the type of mental health treatment facility to choose. Here, are the basic types of mental health treatment facilities available at the patient’s fingertips.
1. Clinical Residential Treatment Centers
This kind of a treatment center provides a comfortable home-like ambience and a strong sense of community to help patients build self-esteem and relationships, thereby improving quality of life. In an inpatient care program, doctors can see the complete picture of how a patient is responding to the treatment and use these perspectives and ideas to improve psychotherapy.
2. Group Residential Communities
The intimate family like ambience in group homes is an essential therapeutic tool for a better quality of life and sustainable growth. Home care in group homes helps people with mental health problems build self-esteem, develop lifestyle skills, build relationships, and learn how to manage mental health symptoms.
3. Farm-Based and Work-Based Residential Programs
In these healing communities, patients perform daily tasks that are key to their recovery and growth. Important and meaningful work yields tangible results through learning new skills, building confidence, and maintaining supportive relationships between team members.
4. Apartment-Based Communities
In this type of psychosocial therapy community, residents live in separate or shared apartments, participating in a program of therapeutic interventions that support relationships and mental health care. Doctors spend time at the resident’s home every day, gathering information that helps improve treatment and recovery. In some cases, this lifestyle minimizes the stigma of living in a mental health facility.
Why is it important to seek treatment in Residential Mental Health Treatment Centers?
The primary goal of a residential mental health treatment center is to determine a customized treatment plan for an individual after considering their needs and requirements. These treatment plans are conducted by expert therapists or counselors. Alternative therapies like yoga, meditation, mindfulness, massage, and aromatherapy are also combined with psychotherapy in these centers. Mental health issues should not be kept confined to yourself. Avoiding the mental health condition and delay in seeking treatment can aggravate the condition, making the treatment time longer.
If you or someone you know is suffering from a mental health disorder, then get in touch with the 24/7 Mental Health Helpline. Being a repository of mental health resources, we can connect you with credible residential mental health treatment centers. Call our 24/7 mental health helpline at (855) 653- 8178 or chat online with a representative for further information about how we can help you to prepare a customized mental health treatment program for you.